Cast iron is named for its heat resistance ability, durability to be used at very high temperatures. Cast iron pan is a common choice for searing and frying, and it is a good option for long-cooking mixtures or braised dishes. And some cooks consider a cast iron pan a perfect choice for egg dishes, but some are not in favour of cast iron pan. There are other uses of cast iron pan like for cake or baking for making cornbread.
There are various types of cast iron pans such as grilling pan, frying pan and kadhai. There are other types of pots and cast iron pan as a single piece of metal that includes handling, and this allows them to use both the stovetop and in the oven. Cast iron is also suitable for health because iron is good for health and the iron is varied depending on the food; it’s water content, acidity, how old the cookware is or how much time it takes. Most cast iron pan is white iron or grey iron in colour, grey iron is less demanding and contains more silicon than white iron
What Are The Foods We Should Not Cook In The Cast Iron Pan?
The foods we should not cook in the cast iron pan are:
- Eggs or any sticky things because if your pan is new sticky things like eggs create a problem once your pan gets old, then it is no problem.
- Smelly foods because of pepper, garlic, stinky cheese etc. more tend to leave a smell, and if you cook the next couple of things, it will get mixed. But ten minutes in a 400 °f in an oven will get rid of the smell.
- Delicate fish because the heat retention is excellent and it implies steak will get a beautiful brown crust, but if the cast iron pan heat takes place, your lovely dish will end so save the delicate fish.
Seasoning Cast Iron
It is the process of polymerisation oil into the cast iron. It prevents rust, gives you a natural cooking surface and helps in giving you a waterproof pan. Highly acidic stocks are also not suggested for cast iron, for instance, tomato-based sauces.
What are the benefits of using cast iron pan?
Cast iron is tough, so it cannot easily be damaged: Cast iron panhandles a wide range of the task, and it can be used anywhere such as a stove, oven, open fire or on a grill. Pans made of cast iron are very excellent for cooking both on the stove and in the oven. The food that is cooked in the cast iron pan adds iron to the dishes.
Cast iron pan is free of chemicals: Cast iron pans can be used for years, and it can be passed through another generation. Cast iron pan is good to keep food warm since it contains heat for a considerable time.
Once a cast iron is hot, it remains hot: Whenever your food is cooked in the cast iron pan, you are making them better.
Pros and cons of iron cast pan.
- A cast-iron with we’ll seasoned skillet is naturally non-stick. Unlike other non-stick cookware, cast-iron pans and pots aren’t garnished with the synthetic (and potentially harmful) appliance.
- This cookware is more straightforward to clean than stainless steel.
- Cast iron has outstanding thermal consistency. It stays hotter for longer.
- Cooking in cast iron can generally enhance iron into meals. Long-lasting, there are some old pieces still in use today.
- Reasonable than enamelled cast iron and high-quality stainless steel cookware.
- Cast iron is exceptionally versatile.
It’s Disadvantages Are
- The handle of cast iron gets hot.
- Cast iron is more extensive than other cookware.
- Empty cast iron is not promising for boiling water and stewing sourish foods.
- Natural cast iron may require re-seasoning.
- It’s tougher than kitchen tiles and toes. Cast iron puts up with longer to heat up.
Types of Cast Iron Cookware
Dutch ovens are thick-walled pots with a tight-fitting lid. They are made for seasoned cast iron. Other than the United States they are called casserole dishes; they are sometimes called French ovens.
Other utensils include frying pans, waffle irons, griddles, flat-top grills, crepe makers, panini presses, potjies, deep fryers, tetsubin, Karachi and woks.
By reading above we can say that Cast iron is the best type of cookware, we can use in our kitchen. It provides us with cooking as well as health benefits.